Construction Management Director
Green Mountain is looking for a strategic thinking Construction Management Director with a positive attitude who can lead others by example. We work in a casual, collaborative environment. We admire individuals with ambition, confidence, bold opinions, and talent.
The Construction Management Director is responsible for directing, administering and coordinating Green Mountain’s construction activities with a focus on improving efficiency, maximizing revenue through process improvement, driving accountability, timeline adherence and overall successful implementations of construction initiatives .The Construction Management Director will also implement the construction processes, tools and applicable measurement to ensure the Green Mountain construction process is followed. The Director is responsible for leading – with the ownership team – strategic planning, assuring a focus on quality and high client service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics for field construction procedures relating but not limited to project safety, schedules, quality, vendor relations and customer satisfaction.
- Develops construction management techniques and innovative concepts that improve the organizations processes and overall capabilities.
- Develops scopes of work and partners with the Program Management team to assign projects to quality contractors.
- Supervise and manage the performance of a team which includes department managers in program management, construction, project coordination and warehouse.
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Sr. Management and Human Resources. This includes onboarding and orientation for new hires.
- Oversees job profitability by running job costing reports to ensure program management teams are bidding jobs efficiently.
- Continues to participate in training courses to keep up with industry standards and to enhance job knowledge.
- Excellent strategic and problem solving skills with proven success in overcoming challenging construction environments.
- Excellent leadership and planning skills; ability to effectively manage priorities to deliver results on time and under budget in a project environment that ensures teamwork, support and recognition; ability to influence and inspire action.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and synthesizing customer needs and then developing project plans to meet those needs while balancing the business requirements. Ability to teach others how to do so.
- Ability to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless customer experience and resolve issues.
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Self-motivated; ability to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying high quality solutions.
- Ability to identify strong talent and build individual and management capability.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of set goals and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well-rounded and thoughtful solutions.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to travel throughout NE and beyond if required in order to oversee projects if needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of construction experience with 3+years in management of multi-layered teams.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing large complex construction projects
- 3-5 years telecommunications industry experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Approximately 60% performed in climate controlled office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 40% travel may be required in support of the positions responsibilities.
We offer excellent pay, Health, Dental and Life benefits as well as AFLAC for supplemental insurance. The company offers 401(K) with company match and paid time off (PTO) in addition to holidays and profit sharing. Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Care Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), health shopping services (Compass), fitness reimbursement program, vision plan, cell phone carrier discounts, discounts on Home and Auto Insurance, as well as an Employee Assistance Program. Green Mountain also offers an employee referral bonus for employees who are hired and work successfully for six month. Opportunities for growth and development.
Interested candidates may email their resume to email@example.com or fax to (603) 717-7104. Resumes may also be mailed to 702 Riverwood Drive Pembroke, NH 03275 Attn: Human Resources Manager
Green Mountain is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Electro Wire, specializing in supplying wire and cable solutions to the telecommunications, transit, military, and industrial industries, was faced with finding reliable connectivity between two of their local warehouse locations in Massachusetts.