About the Job
Green Mountain Communications is looking for our next construction foreman to join our growing team. If you have at least two years of telecommunications tower construction experience and a desire to manage and work alongside one of the most highly-skilled tower crews in the industry in order to complete jobs safely, on time, and on budget, this could be the job for you.
Successful candidates will be confident and experienced in climbing and safely working at heights. You should also feel comfortable leading a diverse, close-knit crew, and enjoy being part of a team that feels like family. As a foreman, you will travel to different job sites across the New England area, but unlike other companies in the industry, our employees aren’t away from home for weeks at a time.
If this sounds like a good fit, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Oversee and manage field construction crew
- Manage field crew’s training and development
- Manage subcontractors, material inventory, and job planning
- Maintain and execute build schedule
- Work alongside construction crew
- 2+ years of experience in tower construction
- 3-5 years of experience in construction or a related field
- Advanced ability to climb, position, and work at heights
- Ability to understand, use, and teach safe work practices in the field and while driving a company vehicle
- Dependability in attendance and consistent proficient performance of advanced industry skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and manage less experienced employees.
- Demonstrates a proficiency to provide competent direction to team members.
- Demonstrates and promotes a positive attitude and ensures others work well within the team structure.
- Ability to effectively understand and perform testing of coax and fiber.
- Necessary skills to exhibit professionalism in communication with Project Managers, customers and other employees
- Ability to effectively perform administrative tasks.
- Ability to resolve problems, and a pleasant and resourceful demeanor that gets along with a variety of personalities
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job, including but not limited to climbing, walking, standing, bending, lifting, pulling, reaching, and using hands/fingers for repetitive motion
- Have a valid driver’s license and maintain authorization as a company-approved driver
Required Industry Certifications
- Competent Climber & Rescuer
- OSHA 30HR
- Signal training
- PIM & Fiber testing
- Lift training
- Capstan Hoist
- CPR/First Aid
- Other certifications as needed
- Health & Vision, Dental and Life benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO) in addition to holidays
- Per diem, travel pay to and from the job site
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid safety and technical training
- Paid industry certifications
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Discounts on Home and Auto Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for growth and development within the company
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check and are subject to drug screenings.
Green Mountain Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
About Green Mountain Communications
Green Mountain Communications is New England’s leader in telecommunications construction. Family-owned and operated for 30 years, we help wireless carriers, municipalities, and businesses stay connected through high-quality, secure, and reliable communications systems.
We believe in investing in our team’s safety and technical training, as well as supporting professional development. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek to hire and promote women, minorities, veterans, and members of other under-represented groups.
Our Commitment to Safety
We Take Safety Seriously.
At Green Mountain, the safety of our employees is our top priority. We foster a safety-first culture grounded in education, training, and oversight, with a dedicated in-house Safety Manager.
Safe man hours
In-house nationally recognized safety certifications
Employee years of experience
Take the Next Step on Your Career Journey at Green Mountain.
We want our employees to find a long-term home at Green Mountain. That’s why we offer paid training, mentorship opportunities, and defined pathways from entry-level positions to foreman and beyond. If you’re looking for more than just a job, we want to hear from you.
Green Mountain offers numerous safety options for every worker. We have our weekly safety meetings and our tailgate talks. At site we have a safety manager that is constantly teaching, training, and correcting. Being on site with us he climbs with us.
Jamie, Team Member
After years of working with the more experienced guys, I have found that everyone here, and our culture, is very accepting and helpful in getting people up to speed.
Josh, Team Member
I think the employees that we have on our team, truly care about the work that they do. They care about the end result that we are providing to the customer, and they take a lot of pride in it.
Stephanie, Team Member
Explore what makes us different.