Green Mountain is currently seeking a Network Engineer with a positive attitude and strong communication and leadership skills. We work in a casual, collaborative environment. We admire individuals with ambition, confidence and talent.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for designing, building, and testing wired and wireless systems for commercial and municipal customers. Will also oversee field technicians and provide supervision and direction.
- Interacts with the customers. Develops/designs complex wired and wireless systems solutions utilizing propagation tools, software, and other methodologies as necessary.
- Optimizes end to end performance of broadband networks, including the RF and IP layers, backhaul issues, capacity management, spectrum management, interference mitigation, troubleshooting packet loss, throughput and latency issues.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of RF coverage issues, including performing RF field measurements.
- Develops, documents, and implements appropriate processes and procedures for system design, installation and test.
- Utilizes complex test equipment and post processing tools for network optimization and performance.
- Works effectively with multiple teams including customers, project managers, sales, marketing, and field teams.
- Assists in the bid proposal process, providing engineering assistance as needed.
- Assists sales with customer presentations acting as a resource to assist with technical questions and offer solutions to best fit the customer needs.
- This position would entail travel throughout the Northeast as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Requires a minimum of 5-7+ years of wired and wireless network design experience.
- Bachelors of Electrical Engineering, Masters or higher degree or an equivalent combination of both preferred.
- Prior RF systems engineering, microwave design tools, and RF optimization.
- Must have hands-on experience and a solid understanding of associated instrumentation and tools.
- Must be flexible and possess skills to manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments.
- An ability to resolve problems, and a pleasant, resourceful demeanor that gets along well with a wide variety of personalities.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be a team player and possess a strong work ethic.
- Excellent planning, organizing, time and work management.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Valid, clean driver’s license required.
We offer excellent pay, Health, Dental and Life benefits as well as AFLAC for supplemental insurance. The company offers 401(K) with company match and paid time off (PTO) in addition to holidays and profit sharing. Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Care Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), health shopping services (Compass), fitness reimbursement program, vision plan, cell phone carrier discounts, discounts on Home and Auto Insurance, as well as an Employee Assistance Program. Green Mountain also offers an employee referral bonus for employees who are hired and work successfully for six month.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 702 Riverwood Drive, Pembroke NH 03275.
Green Mountain is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Electro Wire, specializing in supplying wire and cable solutions to the telecommunications, transit, military, and industrial industries, was faced with finding reliable connectivity between two of their local warehouse locations in Massachusetts.
It is a collaborative working relationship. Green Mountain has always been very responsive to departmental requests. They have been a pleasure to work with.