Master Electrician/Electrical Journeyman
About the Job
We are seeking either a Master Electrician or a licensed Electrical Journeyman.
We are looking for candidates who embody the core values at Green Mountain. If you are a safety conscious, team oriented, motivated, individual with a positive attitude and a drive to learn and advance in your career, send us your resume!
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical specialized commercial wiring jobs and other equipment to meet specifications.
- Reads blueprints, tests electrical systems, and ensures they are functioning properly.
- Ensures work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Supervision and guidance of electricians and apprentices as assigned by the Electrical Superintendent and Sr Project Manager.
- Works both indoors and outdoors and is exposed to both hot and cold weather.
- Sometimes works at heights.
- Must be a licensed Master Electrician or licensed Electrical Journeyman in the state of New Hampshire. Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine highly desirable.
- 5-10 years of experience overseeing and running jobs.
- Ability to perform job walks for the customer and create bids a plus. The employee will be required to participate in supervisory training.
- Must maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Ability to resolve problems, and a pleasant and resourceful demeanor that gets along with a variety of personalities.
- Demonstrated ability of understanding and utilize safe work practices, both on the job and while driving a company vehicle.
- Demonstrated dependability in attendance and performance of advanced industry skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to provide direction to less experienced team members.
- Demonstrated sufficient abilities to act as a Competent Person in charge of a job site.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel etc.) and email.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be an approved Company driver.
- Health & Vision, Dental and Life benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO) in addition to holidays
- Per diem, travel pay to and from the job site
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid safety and technical training
- Paid industry certifications
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Discounts on Home and Auto Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for growth and development within the company
Successful candidates will be required to submit a criminal background check and are subject to drug screenings.
Green Mountain Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
About Green Mountain Communications
Green Mountain Communications is New England’s leader in telecommunications construction. Family-owned and operated for 30 years, we help wireless carriers, municipalities, and businesses stay connected through high-quality, secure, and reliable communications systems.
We believe in investing in our team’s safety and technical training, as well as supporting professional development. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek to hire and promote women, minorities, veterans, and members of other under-represented groups.
Our Commitment to Safety
We Take Safety Seriously.
At Green Mountain, the safety of our employees is our top priority. We foster a safety-first culture grounded in education, training, and oversight, with a dedicated in-house Safety Manager.
Safe man hours
In-house nationally recognized safety certifications
Employee years of experience
Take the Next Step on Your Career Journey at Green Mountain.
We want our employees to find a long-term home at Green Mountain. That’s why we offer paid training, mentorship opportunities, and defined pathways from entry-level positions to foreman and beyond. If you’re looking for more than just a job, we want to hear from you.
I think the employees that we have on our team, truly care about the work that they do. They care about the end result that we are providing to the customer, and they take a lot of pride in it.
Stephanie, Team Member
If I had to describe Green Mountain in one word, I’d say awesome. We do good work.
Victor Drouin, President/Co-Founder & Owner
After years of working with the more experienced guys, I have found that everyone here, and our culture, is very accepting and helpful in getting people up to speed.
Josh, Team Member
Explore what makes us different.