Field Service Technician
Green Mountain Communications is an end-to-end wired/wireless solutions provider delivering integrated communication solutions for businesses in the northeast region. Green Mountain is a trusted partner for entities in enterprise, education, government, healthcare, service provider, and utilities industries.
Green Mountain is currently seeking a Field Service Technician who is self-motivated, safety conscious and hardworking. We are looking for an individual who is a quick learner, is able to work as a team and has a positive can do attitude. Able to take direction and produce quality results every time. If you are looking for a career with an exciting and growing company with development opportunities, send us your resume!
The Field Service Technician participates in the installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of two-way radios, microwave systems, data networking and other electronic communication, monitoring and accessory equipment.
This position performs a full range of radio/telecommunications and networking assignments and uses considerable independent judgement in making decisions requiring the interpretation and application of guidelines with considerable latitude to specific work situations. This position requires travel throughout New England.
- Installs, tests, repairs and maintains base, mobile and portable two-way radios and accessory equipment.
- Installs repairs and maintains microwave radio and multiplex equipment, both analog and digital, and point to point communications systems.
- Modifies existing equipment to meet present needs.
- Assists in the planning and designing of new installations, systems and equipment.
- Checks frequencies and solves interference problems.
- Provides technical expertise in the consideration of equipment and system needs and concerns.
- Periodically checks reliability of equipment.
- Provides assistance to co-workers in specific situations.
- Responsible for responding to emergency service calls 24 hours per day
- Performs network admin functions for broadband microwave networks.
- Evaluates and resolves problem situations related to microwave system hardware and software. Repair and troubleshoot to component level various generations of equipment.
- Provides technical support to maintain wide area IP/TDM microwave infrastructure networks and support of software applications used to configure and maintain IP/TDM microwave infrastructure systems.
- Installs, aligns and tests TDM and IP based microwave radios and associated multiplexing equipment. Maintains equipment control log, failure reports and database configurations at local or remote sites.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Associates or Bachelors of Electrical Engineering degree or related field preferred and 5+ years previous technician experience or equivalent combination of both. CCNA experience a plus.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Flexible person with the skills to manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments with minimal supervision. Must be a team player with strong work ethic. Ability to work as a member of a team as well as individually. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and related Products.
Experience installing, testing, repairing and maintaining base, mobile and portable two way radios and accessory equipment.
Experience as an information technology technician working on computer hardware and infrastructure.
Experience assisting with the configuration and implementation of wired and wireless network components and network management systems a plus.
Electrical background, understanding of RF related equipment and basic understanding of installing and measuring DC and AC power helpful but not required.
Must be able to read, understand and interpret design prints and drawings. Displays strong attention to detail and diligent in matters of recording data, inventory and assembling of equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
This position spends 30% of time sitting, 50% of time standing, and 20% of time walking. The employees spends 25% of the time using hands/fingers for firm grasping and using hands/fingers for repetitive motion. , and spends 10% of the time bending, reaching above shoulder level, and using hands/fingers for pushing and pulling. The employee may occasionally be required to climb.
Candidate should be capable of climbing ladders/stairs while carrying test equipment.
This position will require working in indoor environments as well as outdoor environments.
The employee is regularly required to lift/move up to 25lbs, frequently required to lift/move 50lbs and occasionally required to lift/move >70lbs.”
We offer excellent pay, Health, Dental and Life benefits as well as AFLAC for supplemental insurance. The company offers 401(K) with company match and paid time off (PTO) in addition to holidays and profit sharing. Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, company paid safety and technical training, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dependent Care Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), health shopping services, fitness reimbursement program, vision plan, cell phone carrier discounts, discounts on Home and Auto Insurance, as well as an Employee Assistance Program. Green Mountain also offers an employee referral bonus for employees who are hired and work successfully for six month. Opportunities for growth and development.
Interested candidates may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax
to (603) 717-7104. Resumes may also be mailed to 702 Riverwood Drive Pembroke, NH 03275 Attn: Human Resources Manager
Green Mountain Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Electro Wire, specializing in supplying wire and cable solutions to the telecommunications, transit, military, and industrial industries, was faced with finding reliable connectivity between two of their local warehouse locations in Massachusetts.
It is a collaborative working relationship. Green Mountain has always been very responsive to departmental requests. They have been a pleasure to work with.